- Add more and/or improve help comments on the various step pages
- Currently, the script outputs text announcing that the form was submitted successfully or not (and an RSS feed was created and ping submitted if relevant). I should make this optional…
- Database support – currently, only MySQL is supported. Also, I am not sure whether I should open and close the DB within the render script or leave that up to the user’s script…
- Security – I only have a basic knowledge of security issues so I can’t say exactly how secure this script is. I believe it is relatively secure but I would love to get some feedback from more knowledgeable users.
- Ping feature – Currently the ping feature includes pingomatic, yahoo and tecnorati. I can ping lots of different blog directories and maybe I should allow users decide which ones?
- Add support for multiple languages
- Add security image (CAPTCHA) feature as an option
- Add Akismet support
- Investigate permissions – need to be 777 vs. 755? Security issues for 777?
- Support for magic_quotes on or off – I think this script will work with magic_quotes set to on or off but I haven’t tested that yet…
- New special form elements to add – URL, email address, integer
- Add a close button (for popups)
- The url check works for formatting but is not stable for status check so need to find a better script…
Known Bugs, Missing Features, To-Do, etc.
Click to see/join the conversation
You should create a multipage form with capability to retain (restore) data.